> Has your organisation contacted PalmSource with a view to gaining
> access to their internal resources?
No. Several reasons for that:
1) I don't want to use undocumented tricks in my application. What's the point of using them, if they stop working in the next OS version and I have to rewrite my whole program as a result - even if I am notified about that before the new?
2) I very much doubt that PalmOS has undocumented capabilities to do what I need.
3) I very much doubt that PalmSource would be willing to implement capabilities that I need, just because I need them.
4) I seem to remember that they wanted some huge amount of money (a million dollars, or something like that) for the kind of thing you describe.
5) We're a small company. I'm writing this application in my spare time. We'll give it out for free. It's just not *worthwhile* (in terms of money, time and efforts) to get involved in the process that you suggest.
6) We've had very bad experience with signing NDAs "in order to get internal information" with other companies (notably Microsoft) - and we'd rather avoid it, if we can.
It's not the credibility of the company I work for that is the problem - it is just that we don't consider this worthwhile.