I've discovered what appears to be a stale read bug in POSE.
1) Create a new Palm OS Emulator 3.5 session; I use the PalmOS412_FullDbg_EZ_enUS.rom, though any ROM will do.
2) Set the POSE session up to do network hotsyncs as follows:
a) Launch HotSync app on POSE
b) In Modem Sync Prefs, set to 'Network'
c) In LANSync Prefs, set to LANSync
d) In Primary PC Setup, set Primary PC Address to 127.0.0.1
e) On HotSYnc main dialog, set to 'Modem'
f) Tap "Select Service" pushbutton, select any service, and hit DONE
g) Ensure Desktop Hotsync Mgr systray icon has 'Network' checked
3) Perform a network hotsync. On the desktop 'Select a User' screen, create a New user 'JeffTest'.
4) When the sync finishes, note "JeffTest" shows up in top-right as the HS Username
5) Soft-reset the emulator
6) Go into the Hotsync application on the device. Note that the HS Username is no longer what it was in 4); instead, it appears to revert to the last HS username used on the desktop -- a stale read, I'm guessing, but from where?
Is there any way I can get POSE to remember the HS Username across soft-resets? This is causing me a great deal of problems.
I tried using the dot-dot-5 shortcut to clear the HS Username. Then I sync, and the desktop Hotsync asks me which user I wish to use. I select "JeffTest", but when it's done, I get a "You now need to reset your handheld by tapping below" dialog.
Resetting the device subsequently causes the same problem to surface, and so it's an infinite loop. Argh.